Walk2Run Beginner Running ProgramPosted by | 12.16.2018
This is a FREE supervised 10 week program of progressively increased running and decreased walking activity. Run/Walk from our store on the Great Western Trail near the store in Carol Stream. The program culminates in a 30 minute continuous run and an optional 5K (3.1 miles) race as a graduation event. The program also includes: Mini Clinics on Nutrition, Stretching, Running Form, and Injury Prevention.
All ages and paces welcome!
If running is not for you, join us for our Walk N Talk option during our Walk2Run Program.
Walk 2 Run session dates for 2019 are as follows:
- Session 1: Mondays 6:30pm March 25th - May 27th
- Session 1: Saturdays 8:30am March 23rd - June 1st
- Session 1 graduation will be the Cosley Zoo Run for the Animals on June 1st
- Session 2: Mondays 6:30pm July 8th - September 9th
- Session 2: Saturdays 8:30am July 6th - September 7th
- Graduation will be the Dash In The Dark on September 14th
- Session 3: Mondays 6:30pm September 16th - October 28th
- Session 3: Saturdays 8:30am September 21st - October 26th
- Graduation will be the Cantigny 5K on November 2nd
Walk N Talk Option
Want to join us for 30 minutes of cardio every Saturday morning but should not or do not want to run? Our Walk N Talk option gives you the option to walk at an increased speed instead of running during the run segments of the program. It's a great way to get moving!
8 and Up Run Club
This 10 week program runs in conjunction with session 1 Walk 2 Run on Monday nights and is meant to make youth running fun. This will be led by two staff members with drills and games. It's a great introduction to running!
For more information call (630) 665-3316 or email Debbie Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org